Thursday, July 13, 2006

Courage

Wow, two posts in one day. I am trying to make up some ground.

The grace of God is amazing. After my last post, I decided to go to Mass this morning. I miss going to daily Mass and really need to start again. It struck me last night at XLT (praise and worship, preaching, and adoration of the Blessed Sacrament). That I have the opportunity to receive Christ in the Eucharist every day. I proclaim the real presence of Christ in the form of bread and wine (a huge stumbling block to many Christians), yet I choose not receive him everyday. I have a ton of "reasonable" excuses, but where are my priorities. Anyway, I went to Mass this morning and cried as we sang the opening hymn, "Servant Song".

What do you want of me, Lord?
Where do you want me to serve you?
Where can I sing your praises?
I am your song?

As part of my job search, I belong to a professional networking organization called ProMatch. There is a part of our meetings that we can ask for and/or offer connections. I use this part of the meeting a lot, and have often thought of asking if anyone would like to join me in prayer during the break. I came close one day, I even had a quote from Jeremiah that I was going to share. To my shame I have always wimped out for various reasons. Today, I did not wimp out. God gave me the grace to make his presence know and several people joined me to pray for the well being of the members of ProMatch and the economy in the San Francisco Bay Area. I was thanked for my courage, but it was not my courage, but God's grace.
I lift up my eyes to the hills—
where does my help come from?
My help comes from the LORD,
the Maker of heaven and earth. (Psalm 121:1-2)

No comments: