Thursday, July 13, 2006

Rejection

It is fascinating to me how much our self-esteem is based on others' acceptance of us. That has been my experience. Even those that say, "I don't care about what others think," tend to say that to try to convince themselves or impress you. I am not saying that we all blow with the wind of public perception. There are plenty of people that have no power over us, because we don't let them. However, we all have a group of people that we relinquish this power to. For me currently, it is my family and recruiters/hiring managers. I know that the right job for me is out there, and that God will provide for me. I know that he is the only one that I need even try to please, and that he will love me even when I stumble.

Father grant me your grace and your peace and the faith to know your love.

No comments: