Friday, May 05, 2006

"6 Million Dollar Man" B. Peterson


I was reading the paper today, when I came across an obituary for Bruce A. Peterson. He was a test pilot, and his crash of an M2-F2 in 1967 provided the footage for the opening credits of one my families favorite shows when my brothers and I were growing up - "The Six Million Dollar Man". He was quoted in 1975, when the show was in its prime, as saying, "I don't think it cost any $6 million to put me back together." In fact, instead of gaining super bionic vision, he lost sight in one eye. Cheesy 70's TV show aside, I am amazed at the tenacity of the human spirit and how resilient our feeble bodies really are. Bruce lived to be 72 and died of natural causes. Rest in peace.

1 comment:

Tallguy said...

Wow. I was just looking for the real footage of that a few weeks ago. (I don't even remember why. I think I wanted the radio chatter.) I could find lots of footage before the crash, but none of the crash itself.